Saturday, 4 July 2009

Engine and Gearbox out and back in under a day!

Yes I am knackered! After a very long day fiddling with the spanners but with some very welcome help from a mate Neil! Without the help from Neil today! The car would still be in bits!
The engine and gearbox came out, a bracket for the clutch slave cylinder was fabricated and fitted, the gearbox was inspected and found to have been too full of oil! so no seal were replaced!
However with the many times that the gearbox has been out in the last twelve months the thread on the box had gone! This left it impossible to tighten up the conversion plate! so I welded some thread onto the box which has enabled the conversion place to be secured tightly! a nice job as well if I do say so myself
Well as you can see I added a breather tube for a breather pipe! This also helped me fill the gearbox with oil once I fitted it back in place and this was a superb idea as I filled the gearbox quite quickly and with no mess! It will also act as a breather and will be attached to a pipe and filter.

Well as per the previous post I did mention that the clutch slave bracket had broken causing a fair few difficulties selecting first gear as the clutch would not fully disengage! Well with a fresh pair of eyes Neil had a great idea and it took about half an hour to fabricate! What a difference! SOLID as a rock! I had to fabricate a new clutch pipe but I can confirm that it is now fitted and fully working and is a lot smoother than before!

Well the engine and box are back in I just need to fit the exhaust manifold and carbs + the bonnet and all should be well for the July Northern Area Weekend, which is only 14 days away!!

Bring on the Hard Knott pass!!!
Taa taa for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment